Melbourne Retail Festival 2021 has been listed as an 'Approved Business Event' on the Schedule of Approved Business Events through Austrade.
We are extremely pleased to announce that Melbourne Retail Festival 2021 will be listed on the Schedule of Approved Business Events through Austrade.
The Business Events Grant Program is a new scheme that supports Australian businesses by providing grants to exhibitors that take part in trade events. The scheme is designed to promote business to business events in Australia.
Grant funding will cover up to 50% of eligible expenditure incurred by participating at pre-approved business-to-business events as buyers or sellers during the 2021 calendar year.
Melbourne Retail Festival 2021 has been published in the latest edition of the Schedule of Approved Business Events - click here to view on the Austrade website.
This means eligible businesses (exhibitors) that take part in the Melbourne Retail Festival event can apply for funding under the Business Events Grants Program to cover up to 50% of their costs of participating, preparing and planning for Melbourne Retail Festival.
The grants range from between $5,000 - $250,000.
Melbourne Retail Festival 2021 Exhibitors are eligible to claim funding for 50% of the following business activities and costs relating to the event;
Travel, accommodation, exhibitor stand registration fees, design and staff costs.
- Accommodation (e.g. hotel, motel, serviced apartments)
- Airfares, up to 10 delegates exhibiting at the event
- Promotional material, including program sales-collateral, directly related to exhibiting at the event.
- Graphic design
- Publishers and printers (e.g. sales collateral, prospectus, program)
- Translation and interpreting services
- Promotional merchandise
- Digital promotion, including the design of audio visual material, directly related to exhibiting at the event
- Theme and design for digital set up of exhibit
- Digital content for display as part of exhibit
- Graphic design of social media materials for exhibiting at the event (e.g. design, paid social media ads)
- Digital photography/videography/editing
- Website and app development/design
- Digital promotion, including the setup, display and design of audio visual material, cannot exceed 50% of the non-sales-collateral related costs.
- Event and display set up costs, including the design, manufacture and shipping of exhibits, directly related to exhibiting at the event
- Audio visual and information technology (e.g. equipment, production, recording, hybrid)
- Contractor costs directly related to exhibiting at the event
- Specialists/expert that is required to design, create stand and/or liaise with potential buyers/sellers as part of exhibitor stand
- Event stand management (e.g. exhibiting staff and on-costs)
- Hire of the exhibition space and cost of associated delegates as part of the event conference package for exhibition hire (up to a maximum of 10 delegates)
- A maximum applicant cash (not in kind) contribution of $10,000 towards to sponsorship of the event can be matched dollar for dollar under the grant (equating to $20,000 in total)
- Catering for networking activities as part of exhibiting at pre-approved events at the stand or elsewhere
Exhibitors will need to have a minimum forecast spend of $20,000 in total eligible project and business cost expenditure, made up from the above criteria. This can be made up from participating in multiple events listed on the schedule of approved events.
Our team can provide exhibitors with examples (a guide) and assistance on how to meet the criteria for their business. Most exhibitors should be eligible to make a claim, as the scheme includes a range of business costs relating to the preparation for the event later this year that will make up the vast majority of the minimum projected expenditure required to lodge a claim.
Please note, that grant applications close June 30th 2021 or earlier if funding is exhausted.
Please contact our team ASAP if you are interested in exhibiting at the Melbourne Retail Festival 2021 Event and wish to take advantage of this scheme. You will need to register as an exhibitor prior to lodging your claim. Our team can assist you through the grant claiming process.
If you wish to discuss the event details, grant scheme or have any general questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us on (03) 9103 1407 or book a time to speak with our team.